Pulling A Cord To Start Is Gone
Shop The Best Electric Lawn Mowers!
Electric lawn mowers (shop electric lawn mowers) do have an advantage over gasoline models in that they do not require gasoline or pulling a cord to start them. Another feature of electric lawn mowers is not having to store gasoline somewhere which could cause some spills or other type of accident from happening.
If the area you have to mow is under an 1/2 acre, you may just want to consider using an electric lawn mower to do the job. These lawn mowers are great as long as you have a sufficient cord length that will reach the furthest mowing area from the outlet.
The mowing area is only restricted by the length of the cord reaching the outlet. So, you will need to determine where this area is in relation to the outlet before selecting an electric mower for the job.
This mower requires little space for storage as they are smaller than their gasoline counterparts and easier to lift. They usually weigh less then gasoline models. You should be able to find a place to store the mower after each mowing session and at the end of the mowing season.
The cord is very important accessory to purchase as you will need one that is made for the outdoors and with the proper rating that the mower requires for providing electricity from the farthest point from the outlet. Refer to the owners manual on the correct size and type of extension cord to buy.
Below are some helpful tips on electric lawn mower maintenance:
- Blade – Be sure to inspect the blade for damage and dullness. Sharpen the blade as often as necessary.
- Venting System – Vents are prone to clogging. Be sure to clean the vents after every use.
- Mower Deck – Remove any grass buildup from the bottom of the mower preferably after every use. One way to prevent this buildup is to spray the bottom of the deck with cooking oil.
- Fasteners – Be sure to tighten any loose bolts and nuts after every use or before using the mower.
- Wheels – Lubricate the wheels. Do this just a couple of times during the mowing season.
- Power Cord – Always inspect the power cord for any damage by making sure that it’s properly insulated, has no cracks, and the casings and connectors are free from damage.
- Storage – Always store your mower in a safe place where it is out of the way from any potential damage from humans and vehicles.
By following these safety tips you will extend the life of your electric lawn mower.
You can shop for the best selling electric mowers by clicking on an image below. You will be taken directly to the ordering page where you can order the mower, read customer reviews and frequently asked questions.