People that live north of the Mason-Dixon line, usually have challenges during the winter months and this is snow. Depending upon where you live, the amount of winter snowfall varies. A snowblower can come in handy when ole man winter dumps lots of snow where you live. The Husqvarna ST224 – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower just might be the answer to the snow problem.
This model comes with hand warmers which will come in handy when you must clear snow on extremely cold days. In case the snow should come during the night, you can turn on the LED headlights that will light the way for you. You will be the envy of your neighbors with his powerful snowblower. It will clear a path 24-inches wide and a depth up to 23-inches.
Another great benefit of this snowblower is its reversible poly skid shoes which can be used on delicate grounds. It also has a new ribbon auger with improved mix of snow and air to make snow easier to handle and blow out the chute without clogging up.
Another updated feature is all new slim line control panel w/adjustable handles which makes them easy to use and allows for better control. The loop handle design provides better grip variations for the user. It includes four different positions to fit all users of all sizes comfortably.
Below is a description of the Husqvarna ST224 Snowthrower:
List Price: $1,314.27
Last Price: $848.95
Model Number: 961930096
Engine Brand: LTC
Engine Type: 4-Cycle OHV
Engine Power: 208 cc
Torque: 9.5 ft.-lbs. Net Torque
Horse Power: 6.3
Starting System: 120-Volt Electric /w Recoil
Fuel Tank: 2.84 Quarts
Auger Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
Auger Material: Steel
Impeller Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
Impeller Profile: Steel 3-Blade
Chute Material: Steel
Chute Rotation: 180 Degrees
Clearing Width: 24 inches
Clearing Snow Depth: 23 inches
Max Throwing Distance: 35 Feet (10.67 meters)
Drive: Friction Disc (allows for easy speed changes depending upon snow conditions)
Gear Case: Aluminum
Forward Speeds: 6
Backward Speeds: 1
Tire Type: X-Trac
Tire Size: 15″ x 5″ (38.1 cm x 12.7 cm)
Interlocking Controls: Yes
Hand Warmers: Yes
Headlights: Yes, LED
Skid Shoes: Included Reversible
Weight: 200 lbs.
Dimensions: 58.5L x 24.0W x 40.5H (148.59 x 60.96 x 102.87 cm)
Consumer Warranty: 3-years, 5-years on gear case
Commercial Warranty: Not Available
Note: The “ribbon Auger” mixes air into the snow which makes the snow easy to handle and ensures efficient clearing out of the chute.
Read the customer reviews for this product by clicking on the link.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions concerning this product.
- Does this model have power steering? Answer: No. Only models that end in P do.
- Is the 5-year warranty still in effect for refurbished machines? Answer: No. Warranties on Husqvarna equipment is non-transferable. The five year warranty is only in effect for brand new, original owner.
- Is it self-propelled? Answer: Yes.
- What is the voltage required for an electric start? Answer: A standard outlet is sufficient.
- Does it require any pushing at all, or does the self-propel do 100% of the work? Answer:
The only pushing or pulling required is to turn the machine. The self propel does all the forward and reverse. If you want one with power steering all the models larger than this come with power steering as well.
- How far can this machine blow snow? Answer: I live in western NY, and last year we had our fair share of snow of all kinds. Wet and heavy, light powder, you name it we had it for months on end. The was my first winter with this blower and it worked great. Had no problems throwing all kinds of snow more than far enough. Had to watch that I didn’t throw it into my neighbors driveway that is over 50 feet away from mine. Even ice chunks and the wet snow was cleared easily.
How long will a full tank of gas last in a large snowfall? Answer: My driveway and my neighbors driveway are around 1500 square feet each and I can do both around 3 times each on one tank.
How does this work on a steep driveway? Answer: It will do just fine, just keep the throttle turned down when going downhill so the engine does not turn the wheels too fast, when going uphill, you should not have any problem because there is enough weight on the machine from the engine and parts to give the wheels (which have great tread) the ability to maintain contact and not spin. It will do just fine, just keep the throttle turned down when going downhill so the engine does not turn the wheels too fast, when going uphill, you should not have any problem because there is enough weight on the machine from the engine and parts to give the wheels (which have great tread) the ability to maintain contact and not spin. you should not have any problems with steep driveways, as long as you are not turning the speed up as high as it goes, keep it low and slow on the throttle down, and then see what works going back up.
How well do the heated grips work in extreme cold? Answer: Good enough to make a difference when it is cold, was a night and day difference from nothing. Worked well a 10 or 20 degrees.
How hard is it to assemble? Answer: There is some assembly required. Just putting the handles up and connecting the snow shoot. Took me about 20 min and I’d say I’m an average handyman.
- Do you have to mix oil and gas? Answer: No, there are separate compartments for each.
- Does the unit come with chains? Answer: No, you must purchase them separately.
- How are the headlights powered? Answer: From the engine. They power on only when the engine is running. There is no battery with this unit.
Husqvarna ST224 Owners Manual
If you happened to have lost your copy of the Husqvarna ST224 owners manual, just click on the link below.
Video Proper Snowblower Storage For Summer
Shop Husqvarna ST224 Snow Blower
To shop for product, click on the image below where you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page. Once there you can select the item and place your order. You are under no obligation to buy.
|Husqvarna ST224 – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower|
Go back to SnowBlowers And More home page.