It’s winter and old man winter has just dropped some snow and now you have to get out of your cozy home and deal with it. Instead of using a shovel, use the Ariens 920021 208cc Gas Two-Stage Compact Snow Thrower to do the job and save your back.
This baby has the power to move snow in a 24-inch path and up to 20 inches deep and toss the snow up to 40 feet away as you are clearing it. Wow!
It also comes with an electric start so you do not have to pull the cord on cold days. A cord for the electric start is not included, as it must be purchased separately. Any three prong cord will work fine with this electric start snowblower.
This is a two-stage snow blower which means that it has separate compartments for the gas and oil which is very easy to change. It has six (6) forward speeds and two (2) reverse speeds for mobility and it’s self-propelled which helps remove snow with a breeze.
You can adjust the discharge chute up and down from the operator position which is a huge plus in any direction up to 205 degrees. With the built-in headlights, you can do your snow clearing at night.
With this snowblower you no longer have to worry when those big storms come your way as you will be ready for them no matter how much snow falls.
The 208cc engine power converts to about 6.4 HP.
Below are the specifications for this Ariens snowblower:
- List Price: $1,099.00
- Manufacture: Ariens
- Model Number: 920021
- UPC: 751058037233
- Engine Type: 4-Cycle OHV
- Engine Power: 208 cc
- Engine: AX208
- Engine Make: OEM Branded
- Engine Torque: 9.5
- Starting System: 120-Volt Electric /w Recoil
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.9 quarts
- Oil Capacity: 20 ounces
- Recommended Oil Type: SAE5W30
- Auger Diameter: 11 (27.94 cm)
- Auger Material: Serrated Steel
- Impeller Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
- Impeller Material: Steel 3-Blade
- Chute Material: Steel
- Chute Rotation: 2.5x Crank
- Chute Turning Radius: 205 Degrees
- Max Throwing Distance: 40 Feet (12.19 meters)
- Drive: Disc-O-Matic
- Gear Case: Cast Iron (5-Year Warranty)
- Forward Speeds: 6
- Backward Speeds: 2
- Tire Type: Directional Snow Tread
- Tire Size: 15″ x 5″ (38.1 cm x 12.7 cm)
- Remote Deflector Controls: Yes
- Interlocking Controls: Yes
- Hand Warmers: No
- Headlights: Yes, Halogen
- Skid Shoes: Included Reversible
- Rust Resistant: Yes
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Consumer Warranty: 3-Years (Click Here to see the Ariens warranty chart.)
- Commercial Warranty: 90 Days
- Weight: 214 lbs.
- Dimensions: 29 x 34 x 35 inches
- Product Rating: 4.2
You can read all of the reviews for this product by Clicking Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the most frequently asked questions about this product.
- What is meant by two-stage? Answer: Single-stage snow throwers use a single high-speed impeller to both move the snow into the machine and force it out the discharge chute. The impeller is usually in the form of two or more curved plastic paddles that move snow towards the center line of the machine where the discharge chute is located. Two-stage snow throwers have one or more low-speed metal augers that break up the snow and move it into a separate high-speed impeller (sometimes called the fan). The impeller ‘blows’ or ‘projects’ the snow out the discharge chute with considerable force. Two-stage machines have separate compartments for the gas and oil. Single-stage machines you mix them both into the gas tank using the proper ratios.
It is highly recommended that you have the following parts available to ensure your snow blower will run when the big snows hit.
- Shear Pins
- Skid Shoes
- Cold Weather Oil
The snow blower will break a shear pin when the auger hits something hard to protect the engine from damage. Be sure to have plenty of shear pins on hand. They are not expensive and it will save you time as well.
As you use your snow blower, the skid shoes will wear down. By having some replacement skid shoes on hand you can continue using your machine during the harsh winters. You will not have to place an order for them as they are already on hand just for this purpose.
Using the proper oil is important especially in cold temperatures. Have some spare oil on hand.
Consult your owner’s manual for the part numbers for the skid shoes, and shear pins. The manual will also recommend the proper oil to use in your snow blower.
By having these items on hand, will prevent you from not using the snow blower when a snowstorm hits your area. It’s best to buy these items before you need to use the snow blower.
Note: It is highly recommended that you add a fuel stabilizer into the gas tank and reserve fuel to prevent any engine problems.
Owners Manual Ariens 920021 Snow Thrower
In the event that you may have misplaced or lost your owners manual, click on the link below.
Shop Ariens 920021 208cc Gas Two-Stage Compact Snow Thrower
To shop for the product, click on the image below where you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page. Once there you can select the item and place your order.
Ariens 920021 208cc Gas 24 in. Two-Stage Compact Snow Thrower
Go back to Snow Blowers And More home page.