Toro Electric Snow Thrower
Throws Snow 30′ Clears Path 18″ Wide
This is a review of the Toro 38381 electric 1800 power curve snow blower which will move up to 700 pounds of snow per minute. The Toro 38381 model will clear path 18-inches wide and up to 10-inches deep in one pass. This 15-amp model will throw snow up to 30 feet with an adjustable chute to a radius to 160 degrees. As with all electric snow throwers, you do not have to worry about any maintenance regarding gas and oil. It comes with a full 2-year consumer warranty.
Remember, all snow blowers of this size are intended to perform for moderate snowstorms. If your area should get storms that exceed the intake height of 10”, we highly recommend that you purchase a more powerful model with a higher intake height to meet your needs. Otherwise, this model will provide you with sufficient power to clear snow in all conditions on driveways, sidewalks, decks, and patios.
Toro 38381 Product Specifications
- Model Number: 38381
- Manufacture: Toro
- Style: Electric
- Amps: 15
- Auger: Plastic
- Clearing Width: 18-Inches
- Intake Depth: 10-Inches
- Chute Material: Plastic
- Chute Rotation: Basic Crank
- Chute Radius: 160 Degrees
- Max Throwing Distance: 30 Feet
- Drive System: Push
- Integrated Cord Lock System: Yes
- Maintenance Free: Yes
- Tire Type: Plastic Wheel
- Tire Size: 6” x 1.5”
- Weight: 27 pounds
- Consumer Warranty: 2-Years full warranty
- Commercial Warranty: None
- Price: $299.00
- Compare Other Prices: See Other Manufacture Prices here!
Below are some tips you can use when operating your electric snow blower.
- Always use an authorized 12-guage outdoor extension cord for your electric snow blower that can handle 15 amps. Be sure the cord will reach the furthest distance that must be cleared from the outlet.
- If you have to get another extension cord, be sure to cover the plugs with approved tape to keep out snow. Failure to do this will cause shortages and possible fuse outages.
- Apply WD-40 to the bolts inside the chute for easy turning.
- Apply a non-stick spray over the auger and inside the chute to help prevent clogging from wet snow.
- Go a little faster. A chute can get clogged when you are going to slow. Try to pick up the pace. If that’s not possible because of a physical issue, then consider getting a more powerful snow blower.
- When clearing snow, always be sure that small children and people are out of the way so they will not get debris on them from the blowing snow.
- Before each use, check for loose bolts and tighten them.
- Before each use, examine the extension cord for any cracks or pealing. If found, replace it. Failure to do so may lead to electrical shock or serious injury.
Below are some customer reviews that you can read about what other actual owners think about the product good and bad. Check them out before you purchase.
Below are a couple of videos showing the Toro 38381 power curve in action.
Go back to the snow blowers and more home page.
To purchase this Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower click on the link.