It’s early evening the sun has gone down and you just finished your dinner. You look outside the window and notice a huge snowfall of more than 10 inches on the ground and it’s very cold outside. Now, you have to get out the shovel and remove snow so you can go to work the next day. Let the two-stage Troy-Bilt Storm Tracker 2890 277cc 4-Cycle Snow Thrower will come to your rescue and shorten the snow removal job and you can put away the shovel and save your back all before you go to bed.
The Troy-Bilt snow thrower can clear a path up to 28-inches wide and 21-inches high. It will throw the snow up to 30 feet using the discharge chute which will rotate up to 200 degrees in any direction. It comes with built-in halogen headlight to light your way as you clear the snow. The cold temperatures will not brother you because of the built-in hand warmers on the grips.
To help make your job easier, it comes with touch ‘n turn power steering so you just squeeze the trigger on the side you want to turn and the drive system complies. Wow!
Besides all of this, it has as polymer chute that prevents clogs so you will not have to stop and unplug a stuffed up chute. Now, this is getting the job done very efficiently and with ease.
This snowblower is ready to handle all types of storms that come your way whether at night or during the daylight hours.
After the job is all done you now can sleep in peace knowing your driveway is clear of snow and will be able to get to work on time.
Below are the specifications for this product you can use to compare with other similar products.
- List Price: $1,619.99
- Last Price: $1,464.99
- Manufacture: Troy-Bilt
- Model Number: 31AH74P4766
- UPC: 043033568499
- Engine Type: 4-Cycle OHV
- Power: 277 cc
- Engine Starting System: 120-Volt Electric /w Recoil
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5 quarts (4.73 liters)
- Auger Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
- Auger Material: Serrated Steel
- Impeller Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
- Impeller Material: Steel 3-Blade
- Chute Material: Plastic
- Chute Rotation: Basic Crank
- Turning Radius: 200 degrees
- Drive System: Handle-Mounted Triggers
- Gear Case: Aluminum
- Forward Speeds: 6 Forward
- Reverse Speeds: 2 Reverse
- Tire Size: Tracks (4.7″ x 15.8″)
- Selec Trac Drive Modes: 3
- Remove Deflector Controls: Yes
- Interlocking Controls: Yes
- Hand Warmers: Yes
- Headlights: Yes, Halogen
- Skid Shoes: Included – Reversible
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Dimensions: 48.5 x 30.8 x 33.9 inches
- Weight: 250 lbs.
- Consumer Warranty: 2-years
- Commercial Warranty: Not Available
- CARB Compliant: No
- Origin: USA
There is no product rating for this snowblower as of the writing of this article. However, Consumer Reports has recommended this snowblower as a “Best Buy” and given it a rating score of 90 out of 100. The rating scale is as follows:
- Excellent: 81-100
- Very Good: 61-80
- Good: 41-60
- Fair: 21-40
- Poor: 0-20
The rating was based on the following categories:
- Removal Speed – How quickly models could remove snow without laboring.
- Plow Pile Removal – How fast the snow thrower can remove a simulated pile of snow left by a municipal plow at the end of a driveway.
- Throwing Distance – How far snow was dispersed straight ahead, left, right, with the discharge chute set for maximum distance.
- Surface Cleaning – How much snow the machine left on our blacktop surface after clearing with the skid shoes or scraper set for best clearing.
- Handling – Denotes ease of pushing, pulling, and steering with the engine motor on and off, as well as how straight how machines track while clearing.
- Noise – Sound pressure measured in dBA at the operator’s ear. Used to determine if hearing protection is needed during operation. A rating of less then “good” means the operator should wear hearing protection.
- Controls – Includes the ease of the discharge chute, handle height and comfort, and engine controls and speed selection.
The Troy-Bilt Storm Tracker 2890 Snowblower had an overall score of 90 based upon the following ratings:
- Removal Speed: Excellent
- Plow Pile Removal: Excellent
- Throwing Distance: Excellent
- Surface Cleaning: Very Good
- Handling: Excellent
- Noise: Fair
- Controls: Excellent
If you have lost or misplaced your owners manual for this model snowblower, click on the link below.
Shop Troy-Bilt 2890 2-Stage Snow Blower
To shop for this product, click on the image below where you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page. Once there you can select the item and place your order.
Troy-Bilt Storm Tracker 2890 277cc 4-cycle Electric Start Specialty Snow Thrower
Go back to Snow Blowers And More home page.