Tame Mother Nature With A Briggs & Stratton Snow Blower!
It’s your first winter after moving up north and you wake up the next morning finding twelve inches of snow in your driveway and a bigger pile of snow sitting at the end of it. You are helpless. Your options are limited if you have no snow thrower to remove the snow. The shovel just will not cut it because it’s hard on your back. Calling someone to plow your driveway is going to take hours as you are last in a long line of customers ahead of you. The Briggs and Stratton 1696614 208cc Dual-Stage Snow Thrower is just the machine you might need to get through this enormous amount of snowfall.
Just what does this unit do? Well, for starters, it will clear a path 24-inches wide and up to 20-inches high. If it happens to be cold outside, it has an electric start for effortless starting, up to 20 degrees below zero. The chute rotates to toss the snow in any direction up to 200 degrees for a distance of 40 feet. Which will make removing the snow effortless.
And if this snowstorm should happen at night, your machine comes with built-in LED headlights to light the way. The steel reversible skid shoes make plowing through the snow easy. The free hand control allows you to drive the snow thrower with one hand while using the controls with your other hand, eliminating the simple struggles while operating your snow thrower.
Unit features a friction disc drive system with 5 forward and 2 reverse speeds and a 12 inch steel scroll auger which will help you get the job done in no time. This unit comes with a 3-year consumer warranty.
You will be the envy of your neighbors with this snow blower and you will be in control of all future snowfalls no matter what time of day they should come.
Below are the specifications for this product you can use as a comparison with other similar snow blower products.
- Manufacture: Briggs & Stratton
- Model Number: 1696614
- Origin: USA
- Power: 208 cc
- Engine: 950 Snow Series
- Torque: 9.5
- Electric Start: Yes
- Starter: Electric /w Recoil backup
- Headlights: Yes, LED
- Hand Warmers: No
- Auger Diameter: 12″
- Auger Material: Steel Scroll
- Gear Box: Aluminum
- Chute Radius: 200 Degrees
- Chute Rotation: Dash Mounted
- Chute Controls: DMC/Remote
- Max Throwing Distance: 40 Feet
- Intake Height: 20-inches
- Clearing Path: 24-inches
- Drive Type: Friction Disc
- Skid Shoes: Included – Steel Reversible
- Tire Size: 14 x 4 inches
- Deflector Controls: Yes
- CARB Compliant: No
- Forward Speeds: 5
- Reverse Speeds: 2
- Warranty: 3-Years for equipment and engine
- Weight: 184 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 237 lbs.
- Dimensions: 56 x 26 x 43 inches
The price of this product is provided so consumers can compare them with other similar products.
- Price: $771.21
Note: The price of this mower is subject to change without notice and may not be the actual price you pay at the time of purchase.
Amazon Product Rating
This product is rated a 3.7 out of 5, by 265 customers which is good.
You can read all of the 265 customer reviews by Clicking Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Does the electric require a battery or do you plug it into an AC outlet? Answer: Just plug it into a 110v outlet and press the start button.
- Do I have to mix the oil with the gas? Answer: No. It’s a four stroke motor that does not require the need to mix the gas and oil together.
- Is this snow blower self-propelled? Answer: Yes. Hand control engages the blower in forward speeds or reverse as selected.
- Does this model use regular gas? Answer: Yes. Do not use premium gas as it might cause damage the engine.
- Is the chute plastic or metal? Answer: The discharge chute is all metal.
- Does it come assembled or in a box? Answer: The major parts are assembled, but you need to attach the chute, handles, and cables.
- Does the headlight have a button to turn it on, or is it just on all the time? Doesn’t say in the manual. Answer: It stays on whenever the machine running.
- Is this snow blower hard to turn around? Answer: No. The machine is easy to turn around whether going backward or forward.
- Does this snow blower clear down to the pavement? Answer: Yes, you can easily adjust the skid shoes from the ground to 1 inch above.
- What depth of snow does it remove? Answer: The intake is 20″ high. You could remove 20″ deep snow in one pass. It has a 12″ auger so any depth over about 12″ of normal water content (10%) snow slows it down. The only way to rate a snow blower is by pound of snow per minute.
- What is the horse power for this snow blower? Answer: 208 cc converts to about 6.4 HP.
- Is this snow blower a pull start? Answer: Yes. But, it also has an electric start feature as well which is nice.
You can read all of the 146 frequently asked questions by clicking on the link.
- 24-Inch clearing width.
- 20-Inch intake height.
- 3-Year limited & engine warranty.
- Equipped with a push button electric start.
- Comes with a friction disc transmission.
- Dash mounted chute rotation.
- Reversible skid shoes.
- Weight of 184 pounds.
- Storage space to store snowblower.
With any snowblower, it is very important that you keep on hand with your machine the following parts:
- Extra Shear Pins – These pins are designed to break when they encounter a hard object. They hold the augers and impeller fans in place. Keep plenty of these items on hand before winter season begins.
- Skid Shoes – There are two adjustable metal “shoes” keep the auger from coming into contact with the pavement. While they wear out relatively slowly, years of repeated friction will take its toll. Be sure to have spare ones on hand for replacement when they break.
- Engine Oil – When temperatures fall, traditional oil has a harder time flowing easily through an engine. This can lead to performance issues and puts your snow blower engine at higher risk for failing.
- Gas Stabilizer – Adding a gas stabilizer into the fuel container will prevent the gas from getting stale. After 30 days, untreated gas becomes stale and can stall a gas-powered engine. By adding a fuel stabilizer into the gas, it will keep it fresh for up to 1 year or more.
Please refer to your owner’s manual for the proper part replacement number for the pins and skid shoes. The manual will recommend the proper engine oil the snow blower uses and you can keep some on hand. It is best to order these parts prior to the beginning of the snow season.
Note: It is recommended that you add a fuel stabilizer to the gas tank and any fuel reserve to prevent any engine problems.
Shop Briggs & Stratton 1696614 Dual Stage Snow Thrower
Briggs and Stratton 1696614 Dual-Stage Snow Thrower with 208cc Engine and Electric Start
Go back to Snow Blowers And More home page.