2-Stage Snow Throwers Removes Snow With Ease
Husqvarna Comes To The Rescue During Heavy Snow Storms
It’s winter time and you begin to see that white stuff falling down and you do not want to shovel after it stops. You have been doing this for years and now it’s time for a change. The Husqvarna ST224P 2-Stage 24-Inch Power Steering Snowthrower has just come to your rescue in removing the falling snow with ease.
The engine is packed with 208cc’s with sufficient power to clear a path 24-inches wide and up to a depth of 23 inches high. It has power steering which makes turning the machine easier. You can throw the snow from the chute up to 35 feet in a radius of 180 degrees.
To aid you in the clearing of the snow you have up to six (6) forward speeds and one (1) reverse. It also has heated hand grips to keep hands warm when clearing snow in sub-zero temperatures. If the snow should fall at night, there are built-in LED headlights to light your way through.
This unit comes with adjustable handles with four positions so you can use it comfortably. The controls are easy to use which provides better control of the unit.
Now, when old man winter should strike with a heavy storm, you are ready and your unit will out match old man winter with ease and comfort.
Note: Be sure to add some gasoline stabilizer into the gas before pouring it in the gas tank. This keeps the gasoline fresh for the entire winter and wont gum out the engine. Keep extra shear pins available for when the auger jams.
Below are the specifications for this Husqvarna snowblower you can use to compare with other similar products.
- List Price: $899.95
- Last Price: $899.95
- Manufacture: Husqvarna
- Model Number: 961 93 01-22
- UPC: 085388804907
- Engine Brand: LCT
- Engine Type: 4-Cycle OHV
- Power: 208 cc
- Torque: 9.5 ft-lbs Net Torque
- Starting System: 120-Volt Electric /w Recoil
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.84 quarts (2.69 liters)
- Auger Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
- Auger Material: Serrated Steel
- Impeller Diameter: 12 (30.48 cm)
- Impeller Material: Steel 3-Blade
- Chute Material: Steel
- Chute Rotation: Lever
- Chute Turning Radius: 180 Degrees
- Clearing Width: 24 inches
- Clearing Snow Depth: 23 inches
- Max Throwing Distance: 35 Feet
- Drive: Friction Disc (allows for easy speed changes depending upon snow conditions)
- Steering: Handle-Mounted Triggers
- Gear Case: Aluminum
- Tire Type: X-Trac
- Tire Size: 15″ x 5″ (38.1 cm x 12.7 cm)
- Remote Deflector Controls: Yes
- CARB Compliant: No
- Interlocking Controls: Yes
- Hand Warmers: Yes
- Headlights: Yes, LED
- Skid Shoes: Included – Reversible
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Weight: 198.6 lbs.
- Dimensions: 41.8 x 22.8 x 25.8 inches
- Consumer Warranty: 3-Years
- Commercial Warranty: Not Available
- Origin: USA
Note: The “ribbon auger” mixes air into the snow which makes the snow easy to handle and ensures efficient clearing out of the chute.
Amazon Product Rating
This snowblower is rated 4.1 stars out of 5 by 78 customers which is very good.
You can read all of the customer reviews for this product by Clicking Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about this product.
- I just purchased this model and they put very little oil in the crank case. How do I know what engine oil they’ve put in so I can put in the same brand? Answer: The brand of engine oil is not as important as the oil weight you put in. I live in NY and the temp usually hovers in the 32° range when it snows, so I went with the Pennzoil 5w30 full synthetic. It is the same oil I use in my truck. All oils will mix with each other and are compatible, so the brand name is completely up to you.
- Does it have reverse? Answer: Yes. Plus 6 forward speeds plus one reverse.
- Does this blower have a throttle control? Answer: Yes but not at the area by the handles where one would expect it to be. It’s literally a stacked dial assembly with the choke on top of it both located on top of the engine by the exhaust heat shield. I removed the shield because it’s too close and it’s simply unnecessary being that close as hot as it gets. Not being able to adjust the throttle from the top mount control area kinda makes me wonder if the safety engineers got too much power on where stuff went on this thing.
- Is the chute made of metal or plastic? Answer: Metal.
- How do you adjust the discharge shoot so that it all the way to the right or left. Answer: It sounds like the shoot was not aligned with the control lever correctly when it was assembled. This can be fixed by removing the nut holding the shoot down and adjusting the lever to the center position and pointing the shoot straight forward. Then tightening the nut back down. Please follow the assembly directions.
- Is the auger plastic or metal? Answer: Metal.
- Is this snowblower delivered to your home mostly assembled? Answer: Yes. All that needs to be done is the handle assembly needs to be bolted on (4 bolts), the control assembly for the shoot needs to be put in place and bolted on (2 nuts and 2 bolts) and three knob handles get slipped on. That’s it. 30 minutes at the most.
- Does this model have a throttle control? Answer: Yes but not at the area by the handles where one would expect it to be. It’s literally a stacked dial assembly with the choke on top of it both located on top of the engine by the exhaust heat shield. I removed the shield because it’s too close and it’s simply unnecessary being that close as hot as it gets. Not being able to adjust the throttle from the top mount control area kinda makes me wonder if the safety engineers got too much power on where stuff went on this thing.
- What size of tire chains fit this machine? Answer: Never needed it.
- Does this model have reverse? Answer: Yes, 6 forward and 1 reverse.
I just bought it, they’ve put very little engine oil. How do I know what engine oil they’ve put in so as to ensure I put in the same brand? Answer: The brand of engine oil is not as important as the oil weight you put in. I live in NY and the temp usually hovers in the 32° range when it snows, so I went with the Pennzoil 5w30 full synthetic. It is the same oil I use in my truck. All oils will mix with each other and are compatible, so the brand name is completely up to you.
- I just bought this snowblower on September 28, 2015, today Nov. 21, I took it out of the box. Put in fresh oil and gas. Why is the engine surging up and down? Answer: I believe it’s the governor that’s Not adjusted right. Contact a Husqvarna service and sales center.
- Does this model have power steering? Answer: Yes, the P in 224P signifies power steering. The regular 224 (with no P at the end) does not.
- Will this go through heavy snow and/or ice accumulation? Answer: I will say with a recent sleet/ice storm that it went through it tended to want to raise the front end but that’s a rare occasion you’d hit anything that heavy. It was moving a good 2-3 inches of ice accumulation (pellets and weighed as much if not more than wet snow) at the end of my driveway and still did well. I have not had an issue with the tires and movement.
- 208 cc engine.
- 24-inch clearing width.
- 23-inch intake height.
- Electric start.
- 3-year limited warranty & 5-year engine warranty.
- Heated handle grips.
- Remote chute deflector
- Comes with power steering.
- Must buy this snowblower new not used as defective parts have been known to be used on refurbished machines.
Shop Husqvarna ST224P Snow Thrower
To shop for the product, click on the image below where you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page. Once there you can select the item and place your order. We have also included shear pins for this snowblower which will come in handy when they break.
Go back to Snow Blowers And More home page.